Friday 10 October 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend is one of my most favourite times of the year. First of all, I met my darling Mr. Level-Headed twenty-three Thanksgivings ago. We were young and foolish, and we fell madly in love like only two teenagers can, but I am so happy that we did. We have made a wonderful life together, and we have shared some pretty amazing, hilarious, and downright crazy adventures together. Not to mention, we have made four of the most interesting and adorable people the world has even seen together. Yes, you should all thank us for that one! But, seriously, he has seen me at my lowest, my weakest and my ugliest, and he still sticks around. He loves me unconditionally, and he always manages to put a smile on my face. He's my Mr. Level-Headed and of all the things I have to be thankful for in my life, he is definitely number one. Happy Anniversary, Mr. Level-Headed!

The second reason why I love Thanksgiving weekend is that it ushers in the return of comfort food like mash potatoes, cranberries, turkey, stuffing, and pies . . . mmmmmm! Need I say more?

And last but not least, I love Thanksgiving weekend because the wee Websters and I take an afternoon off and go to our local apple orchard to pick apples. Sure, I love fresh apples, but the real reason I love apple picking is for the pictures . . . er, I mean the memories . . . tee hee! This was Leif's first year of apple picking, which made this year extra special.


















I can't get enough of this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment